As we come to the end of another year, it is a great time to look back and reflect upon God’s past blessings and look forward to serving God in greater ways in the future.
As I reflected this morning, I thought of Y2K and the hype that surrounded that New Year. In fact, we are still eating some canned grain that was recently given to us. They bought the grain to use for the expected widespread devastation that would encircle the globe. The Bible clearly states that worldwide devastation will come, but it was not because of the millennium bug.
As we look back, here are some significant dates in the history of SHCM.
• 2002 – First Year of Camp using the Liberty Bible Camp facility in York, PA. (one week of Teen Camp and one week of Junior Camp for a total of 71 campers)
• 2002 – First Year of Camp • 2002
2004 – First family Camp
• 2006 – First Backpacking Camp on the wide-open trails of Pennsylvania
• 2006 – First Teen Winter Retreat at Timberwind Log Cabin Lodge
• 2009 – the Summer Camps moved from Liberty Bible Camp in York County to Hughesville Camp in Lycoming County
• 2009 – First Ladies Retreat at Timberwind Log Cabin Lodge
• 2010 – Purchased 215 acres in Clearfield County to call home.
• 2011 – First summer camps on new property with a mobile kitchen, (4) cabins, hauled water, generators, and portable toilets.
• 2012 – Second summer of camps on the new property with similar amenities to the first year on the property. One additional cabin finished.
• 2012 – First Young Adult retreat
• 2012 – First Men’s retreat
• 2012 – The DEP finally approved our permits to bring utilities on the property, and the “waiting” for the needed funds began.
Although there are many significant challenges ahead, we are almost overwhelmed with God’s goodness in bringing us to this juncture. We know that God is always faithful, but our desire is that we would be faithful in every way to our faithful God as we look forward to this coming year.