The Lord has graciously allowed Debi to teach various ladies’ Bible classes and given speaking opportunities with ladies’ groups over the past 35 years. After being a full time homemaker and home-schooling their children through high school, she returned to college along with the kids and eventually decided the Lord was leading her to give herself full time in ministry and Biblical counseling rather than seek career opportunities. Besides retreats and special ladies’ meetings, Debi has enjoyed teaching ladies’ soul winning and visitation, Christian parenting classes, various Bible studies and ladies’ Sunday school classes. She began writing Bible studies for her ladies’ class about 35 years ago and began reformatting the materials into Bible study books which have become a helpful tool in counseling and mentoring women. She teaches seminars on the material in these books and enjoys speaking at various conferences throughout the states. Her greatest burden is for the problems Christian families face today, and her greatest love is ministering to women who have a heart for their family and children.
Here is a note from her husband
Early in our married life together, God gave us two wonderful children to rear. Debi went into child rearing with the same zeal and enthusiasm (and hard work) that characterizes her approach to all her activities. It wasn’t long before other mothers started coming to her for advice on this problem or that. Her reply always was to turn to the Word of God for the answers. By God’s grace she developed an uncanny ability to apply biblical principles to daily living and parenting. Sometime later, under the auspices of our pastor, she began a Ladies’ Bible study for the stay-at-home moms, whereby she could multiply the gifts and experience that God had given her. During the course of this ministry, many counseling opportunities challenged her to continue to develop the skill in practical Bible application that had become a characteristic of her ministry. Now that our children our grown, she is able to teach Christian womanhood, parenting, and counseling to ladies all over the USA and even into Europe and Asia. I am thankful to God that he has enabled my wife to enjoy such a rich ministry to so many. I am also thankful for Pastors who have seen the benefits, and supported her in her ministry. I count it a privilege to be a partner with her in this ministry as she has been a partner in mine.
Tom Pryde (Debi Pryde’s husband)
- For ladies age 18 and older
- SHCM believes that children are a gift from God. We love to minister to them during Teen, Junior, and Family Camps. However, we ask that you do not bring your children to this retreat, but come and enjoy the fellowship of other ladies.
- Registration is at the Timberwind Lodge on Thursday, October 26 from 6:30-7:30 pm, and the retreat concludes on Saturday, October 28 at 4:00 pm.
- Retreat includes a snack on Thursday evening, 3 meals and a snack on Friday, and a brunch and afternoon meal on Saturday.
- Lodging Options:
- Room with queen size bunk bed and private bath (four ladies may request this room but registrations must come in the same envelope) The cost is $110.00 per person
- Large spacious bunk room with seven double bunk beds. Bathrooms in same room – The cost is 95.00 per person
- Small room with five single bunk beds. Bathroom around the corner – The cost is $90.00 per person
- What to bring: Bible, pen, sleeping bag or appropriate bedding, pillow, towel, washcloth, personal items, clothes for outdoor activities.
Note: If you have not made arrangements with a bunk mate, please bring a sleeping bag and not sheets.
- Dress: In order to maintain modesty and consistency, we ask that you abide by the following standards while at the retreat: All skirts or culottes must cover the knee. Although loose fitting slacks may be worn for activities during the day, we ask each lady to wear a skirt for the evening rally. Please do not wear any low or tight tops. * All attire should represent a clear Christian testimony.
- Lost & Found: Lost items not requested within one week after camp will be appropriately donated or discarded.
- Questions: If you have any questions about this retreat or any other camp sponsored by Servant’s Heart Camp Ministries, please contact us by phone (717-808-7992)
These retreats are held at the Timberwind Log Cabin Lodge
Timberwind Log Cabin Lodge
Timberwind’s Fireplace Room
Timberwind’s Dining Room